Ruins of Castle
It preserves the ruins of Castell de Codines (castle). In 1033 the castle of this village is mentioned in the Liber feudorum maior by the name of Castrum Assinos, from which the current name of Castelldans comes.
The floor of one of the inner areas of the old castle was found few years ago. This castle, whose actual remains are only its setting at the top of a hill without any vegetation and part of its foundations, was an important setting in Roman times and a first-rate stronghold in the Christian conquest.