The ruins of Castell de Codines are preserved in Castelldans. The first mention of the castle dates back to 1033 in the local register of those days, Liber Feudorum Maior. The castle went by the name Castrum Assinos, from which the name of the village Castelldans takes its origin.
A few years ago, a floor of one of the inner areas of the old castle was discovered. The Castel de Codines, of which only the foundations and the floor remain, is set on top of a hill with sparce vegetation. It has been an important site in Roman times and a first-rate stronghold in the Christian conquest.
Subscribe to our cultural agenda
Oficina Comarcal de TurismeAv. de Francesc Macià, 54Les Borges Blanques25400 LLEIDA 973 142 658 email@example.com