Cervià de les Garrigues
Situated on the River Set and with 686 inhabitants, it has a vast forest with pines and weeds.
The village, 444 metres above sea level, was founded in 1202.
One of its outstanding attractions is Església Parroquial de Sant Miquel Arcàngel (parish church). It was rebuilt in the 18th century and it preserves the façade in classical style, with a central part crowned with a triangular pediment and a small rose window. There is an ample nave, chapels on its buttresses and an eight-sided belfry.
The Town Hall, built in 1912, is remarkable for its majestic construction completely made of stone.
Within the area of the village there is the old uninhabited settlement of Les Besses. The setting for Les Besses was established in 1225 by means of a Village Charter granted by Arnau Punyet and his wife, and in 1265 they got the licence for building the parish church. The village is situated on the right bank of the River Set, downstream Cervià de les Garrigues; little of the walls of the old Les Besses feudal castle on a rock or hill as well as of the houses of the village is left. Església de Santa Maria de Les Besses (church) was restored in 1973; it is an interesting Romanesque-to-Gothic transition building, with a rectangular plan, pointed arches, corbels and a door with a keystone to the north.
Within the village area we also find the old Valldefaigs stable and the uninhabited village Vallxeca.